The Transcript is the Ohio Department of Transportation's employee newsletter. With features and photos of interest to both ODOT workers and the general public.
• Charity Round Up: Inflatable Pink Flamingos help Operation Feed• Ask the Director: Electric Vehicles and ODOT?• Lean and Clean: 90-year-old Wally Westic has been an Adopt-A-Highway volunteer for 24 years!• This Could Change Everything: Facilities Master Plan in action • Keep it Clean: Litter Pickup Volunteers help the "Keep Ohio Beautiful Program"• Facilitied Completes Extensive Renovations at Newcomerstown • Economic Growth Permitted: record-breaking time for freight permits
• Ask the Director: What is the department doing about work zone awareness?• "Go Orange Day"• 2017 Construction Season Highlights• A Promise for Lee: Honoring D-6's fallen comrade Lee Rizor• Monday, Monday: D-3 encourages visits across departments and garages• The Engineers of Tomorrow: D-12 participates in Great Lakes Science Center outreach event• It's a Twister: OHGO Camera catches a tornado near Dayton• Partners in Safety: D-11 counties teamed with OSHP and local sheriffs to encourage safe driving• Who's Snooping: ODOT Bridge Inspectors
• Life is a Highway - Grandville Scenic Byway showcases small town charm• An Ask the Director Special: Governor Signs the Transportation Bill• Go with the Flow: Stream Maintenance Research Project• A Little Knowledge: IT Procurement Specialist Naya Revere Creates New Quote Request process• Wish you weren't here: Vacationing couple (D-1's Michelle & Rod Nuveman) puts active shooter training to work • Project Gives Cleveland a "Lift"• Warm Weather Warriors: HTs keep busy despite mild winter• ODOT's Corn Hole Champ: District 6 construction inspector Chad Mayberry
• The Art of Plowing• Ask the Director: Jobs and internal candidates• D-12's new full-service Warrensville facility• A force to be reckoned with: Office of Outreach• Cool lights bring the heat: Snow Plow lights• Painting the Town: D-11's Paint the Plow contests• Black History Month: Moving with the times... honoring Ohio inventors• Statewide Winter Stats• Back in the Saddle Again: local officials try cycling on public roads• In the Spirit of Giving: ODOT CO provides Holiday cheer to two local families
• Introducing ... 'Otto' the future is now: a self-driving tractor trailer using Ohio's Smart Mobility Corridor• A special message from ODOT Director Jerry Wray on the Quality of Life Survey and ODOT's Strategic Plan• THE ODOT MISSION MATRIX: Highlights of 2016• Off the rails on a paving train: D-10 has a banner year for asphalt paving• Seeing in a whole new light: ODOT participates in Transportation Day at the Ohio School for the Blind• Heroes Just for One Day: Clermont County’s Jeff Armstrong and Ryan Ninichuck find and rescue a stranded driver hidden for two days• Getting stuff done: Maintenance Operations Workshop• To dance is human, Polka, divine: D-1's Defiance County auto tech Luke Rohrs plays trumpet