The Transcript is the Ohio Department of Transportation's employee newsletter. With features and photos of interest to both ODOT workers and the general public.
• Critical Success Factors Update: ‘A Great Place to Work’ - Quality of Work Life Survey (QWLS) Returns Highest Score Ever• Ask the Director: We have been told that our state transportation system has been mostly built and that we must maintain what we have and learn to use it more efficiently. How do we plan to do this?• A friendly visit: District 10 Environmental Coordinator Rachel Goodpaster is pet mom to a therapy dog• Some Assembly Required: IKEA grand opening affects traffic in Columbus• Making a Great Start: New Hires meet the Director• Repaying Nature: Stream Mitigation in Hocking County• Profile: Darla Miller, District 10 Deputy Director• Is anybody listening? New Public Service Announcement video is loud and clear about the importance of the Move Over law
• Charity Round Up: Inflatable Pink Flamingos help Operation Feed• Ask the Director: Electric Vehicles and ODOT?• Lean and Clean: 90-year-old Wally Westic has been an Adopt-A-Highway volunteer for 24 years!• This Could Change Everything: Facilities Master Plan in action • Keep it Clean: Litter Pickup Volunteers help the "Keep Ohio Beautiful Program"• Facilitied Completes Extensive Renovations at Newcomerstown • Economic Growth Permitted: record-breaking time for freight permits
• Ask the Director: What is the department doing about work zone awareness?• "Go Orange Day"• 2017 Construction Season Highlights• A Promise for Lee: Honoring D-6's fallen comrade Lee Rizor• Monday, Monday: D-3 encourages visits across departments and garages• The Engineers of Tomorrow: D-12 participates in Great Lakes Science Center outreach event• It's a Twister: OHGO Camera catches a tornado near Dayton• Partners in Safety: D-11 counties teamed with OSHP and local sheriffs to encourage safe driving• Who's Snooping: ODOT Bridge Inspectors
• Life is a Highway - Grandville Scenic Byway showcases small town charm• An Ask the Director Special: Governor Signs the Transportation Bill• Go with the Flow: Stream Maintenance Research Project• A Little Knowledge: IT Procurement Specialist Naya Revere Creates New Quote Request process• Wish you weren't here: Vacationing couple (D-1's Michelle & Rod Nuveman) puts active shooter training to work • Project Gives Cleveland a "Lift"• Warm Weather Warriors: HTs keep busy despite mild winter• ODOT's Corn Hole Champ: District 6 construction inspector Chad Mayberry
• The Art of Plowing• Ask the Director: Jobs and internal candidates• D-12's new full-service Warrensville facility• A force to be reckoned with: Office of Outreach• Cool lights bring the heat: Snow Plow lights• Painting the Town: D-11's Paint the Plow contests• Black History Month: Moving with the times... honoring Ohio inventors• Statewide Winter Stats• Back in the Saddle Again: local officials try cycling on public roads• In the Spirit of Giving: ODOT CO provides Holiday cheer to two local families
• Introducing ... 'Otto' the future is now: a self-driving tractor trailer using Ohio's Smart Mobility Corridor• A special message from ODOT Director Jerry Wray on the Quality of Life Survey and ODOT's Strategic Plan• THE ODOT MISSION MATRIX: Highlights of 2016• Off the rails on a paving train: D-10 has a banner year for asphalt paving• Seeing in a whole new light: ODOT participates in Transportation Day at the Ohio School for the Blind• Heroes Just for One Day: Clermont County’s Jeff Armstrong and Ryan Ninichuck find and rescue a stranded driver hidden for two days• Getting stuff done: Maintenance Operations Workshop• To dance is human, Polka, divine: D-1's Defiance County auto tech Luke Rohrs plays trumpet