Supplemental Specification 888
C&MS Item 451 or 452; 499
Supplement 1058; 1064
Concrete Mix Design - To be proportioned by the
contractor according to 888.03. Design strength for 4000 psi plus 2 standard deviations.
Limitations to mix design in 888.04
Coarse aggregate to be maximized to size # 57
3. Sampling and/or Inspection
- Provide mix design, tested by independent
lab regularly inspected by CCRL, that meets the requirements of 888.03 and 888.04.
- Provide 200 sq. ft. testing facility at
the batch plant for process control testing, SS888.08.
- Provide a Quality Control Plan, submit to
the Engineer prior to paving
- Monitor frequency of vibrating equipment
on paver. Record every 25 feet or 5 minutes of operation..
- Test Profile Index (PI) of the smoothness
of the pavement for each day's production.
- Provide two cores for every 2000 sq. yd.
sublot at the age of 28 to 90 days.
- Test one core per sublot at the age of 28
to 90 days for strength.
- Test thickness of compression core at time
- Engineer to determine if a JMF number is
associated with the mix design. If not, submit the concrete mix design to OMM- Cement
& Concrete Section for approval, Appendix 1.
- Check the Quality Control Plan for
adequacy, Appendix 2.
- Check the paver vibration frequency at
least daily .
- Provide random locations to the contractor
to indicate where cores are to be taken, Supplement 1064.
- Witness thickness measurement of cores.
- Provide 1 QA core to OMM - Cement &
- Determine pay factors, 888.20 to 888.23.
4. Method of Test:
ASTM C42; ASTM C39; AASHTO T148; Supplement