1. Material Type, 740.04
2. Glass beads, 740.09 Type C
3. Application of Thermoplastic, Item 644
a. Thermoplastic shall be applied when the pavement surface and the ambient air temperature are 50° F (10° C) and rising for pavements less than a year old.
i. At the end of the construction season if the surface temperature is 50° F (10° C) or less, apply Traffic Paint Type 2.
b. Thermoplastic shall be applied when the pavement surface and the ambient air temperature are 70° F (21° C) and rising for pavements one year or older.
c. Temperature of thermoplastic at the point of application shall be at least 400° F (204° C) and not more than 440° F (227° C).
d. Glass beads, 740.09 Type C shall be applied at the rate of 12 pounds per 100 square feet (6kg per 10 square meters) .
e. Thermoplastic material shall be applied at a thickness of 125 mils(3.2 mm)
i. . Use an applicator that has a shoe that rides on the pavements and extrudes the thermoplastic.
f. Thermoplastic shall be applied at the rate of 2340 pounds per mile (650 kg per km) of 4 inch (100 mm) line and / or at 133 pounds per 100 square feet (650 kg per square meter).
1. Ambient air temperature, type, and condition of existing pavement. Also pavement temperature
a. Temperature requirements are outlined in 644.04
2. Location and/or stationing where work performed
4. Location and/or stationing where work performed
5. Measure in appropriate unit and turn in for pay
6. Use form CA-D-3A to document information