Linear grading consists of grading along the edge of pavement. This item also includes a pay item for cleaning drainage ditches. Because of the simplicity this item of work, no further detailed explanation of the item is required in this manual.
1. Verify plan dimensions.
2. Verify materials.
3. State method of excavation (grader, milling machine, etc.).
4. Statement as to how excavated material is disposed.
5. Construct the embankment and subgrade.
6. Areas graded too much must be filled with material used for reconditioning shoulders (C&MS 617) at the Contractor’s expense.
7. Measure and pay per 209.08.
8. Check completed work.
9. Measure borrow, if required. Document on CA-EW-1.
11. Document on CA-D-2 and CA-EW-12. Do not duplicate the information on these forms unless necessary.