Clearing and grading shall be performed to construct the fence to the required alignment and to provide a reasonably smooth ground profile at the fence line. The contractor shall perform 607 Fenceline Seeding and Mulching according to Item 659 Seeding and Mulching on all areas disturbed by the clearing and grading for the fence within 8 months of the activity. The Department will deduct the area paid for under Item 607 Fenceline Seedng and Mulching from Item 659 Seeding and Mulching quantities as described in the plan, if applicable.
During the curing period of the concrete encasement, the brace end, corner, gate, and pull or intermediate anchor posts shall be secured in final position. Do not require forms for post encasement.
For Type 47 and Type CLT fence, the maximum spacing between intermediate anchor post assemblies, or between end post assemblies and intermediate anchor post assemblies, are 660 feet (200 m).
At points of horizontal deflection, the fence shall be constructed as follows:
1. Type 47 Fence. If the fence changes alignment by more than 1 degree, but not more than 4 degrees, either steel line posts encased in concrete, or wood posts without encasement, shall be installed at all horizontal deflection points. If the change in alignment is more than 4 degrees and less than 30 degrees, an intermediate anchor post assembly shall be installed at the deflection point. If the change in alignment is 30 degrees or more, a corner post assembly shall be installed at the deflection point.
2. Type CLT Fence. If the fence changes alignment by more than 1 degree, but not more than 4 degrees, line posts encased in concrete shall be installed at all horizontal deflection points. If the change in alignment exceeds 5 degrees, a post brace and truss rod in each fence panel adjacent to the post located shall be installed at the angle point. If the change in alignment exceeds 5 degrees, the footings for all posts located at deflection points shall be constructed as specified for end posts.
Line posts shall be set according to the following:
1. Type 47 Fence. The spacing of line posts is not to exceed 12 foot (3.6 m) intervals. Line posts at the bottom of dips or depressions in the ground surface are to be anchored in concrete.
2. On tangents, line posts shall be placed so that the fabric, when installed on the side toward the highway, is 2 feet (0.6 m) from the Right-of-Way line. If adjacent to Right-of-Way lines with less than 5,740 feet (1750 m) radius (in excess of 1 degree curvature), line posts shall be constructed on chords so that the fabric, when installed on the side toward the highway, is not less than 2 feet (0.6 m) or more than 8 feet (2.4 m) from the Right-of-Way line.
3. Type CLT Fence. The tops of driven line posts shall be protected by drive caps or other method to prevent distortion of the exposed end. Line posts are to be spaced at no more than 10 foot (3 m) centers, and placed so that, when the wire is fastened on the side toward the highway, it is 1 foot (0.3 m) from the Right-of-Way line.
The fabric shall not be erected until after 5 days from the time of setting the posts, when using regular cement, or until after 3 days, when using high early strength cement.
Type 47 fabric shall be stretched and fastened to line posts using galvanized ties. At a minimum, one tie shall be used for each of the top and bottom horizontal wires and one tie for each alternate horizontal wire below the top horizontal wire.
Chain-link fabric shall be fastened to the line posts using clips or bands spaced approximately 14 inches (0.4 m) apart, and to the top tension wire using bands or tie wires at approximately 24-inch (0.6 m) intervals or less. Successive rolls of fabric shall be joined by weaving a single picket into the ends of the rolls to form a continuous mesh.
The Department will measure Fence, Type ___ by the number of feet (meters), complete in place. The Department will measure along the top of the fence from outside-to-outside of end posts, exclusive of gates and other openings.
The Department will count Gate, Type ___ by the number of complete units of the size and type specified.
1. Distance between line posts.
2. Depth line posts driven.
3. Diameter and depth of concrete used to encase post placed in dip section, fence not attached to post for minimum 5 day cure, and 3 days for high early.
4. Post for end, corner, gate, pull, and intermediate anchor assemblies driven to a depth of __________ (If not driven to grade, diameter and depth drilled for encasement).
5. Fabric clipped to post at top wire, bottom wire, and alternate wires between.
6. Document location and measure as per 607.09.
7. Document Fenceline Seeding and Mulching locations and quantities of area seeded. Deduct Fenceline Seeding and Mulching from 659 Seeding and Mulching if applicable