1. Material Type, 740.03.
2. Glass beads, 740.09 Type B.
3. Application of Polyester, Item 643.
a. Polyester shall be applied when the pavement and air temperature are 50 °F and above.
b. Polyester shall be applied in two components (catalyst and resin) in proportions recommended by the manufacturer.
c. Glass beads, 740.09 Type B shall be applied at the rate of 16.5 pounds per 100 square feet of polyester used.
d. Polyester shall be applied at the rate of 16 gallons per mile of 4-inch line, 24 gallons per mile of 6-inch line, and/or 0.94 gallon per 100 square feet.
e. Striping equipment speed shall be not less than 7 miles per hour (11 km/hr).
f. Dry time is 45 minutes and less.
i. Coning is required to protect the line until track free.
ii. If tracking continues after 45 minutes, cease marking operation until tracking problem is corrected.
1. General requirements per 641.
3. Temperature above 50 °F.
4. Location and/or stationing of where work is performed.
5. Measure in appropriate unit and turn in for pay.
6. Use form CA-D-3A to document information.