1. Material Type, 740.04.
2. Glass beads, 740.09 Type C.
3. Application of Thermoplastic, Item 644.
a. Thermoplastic shall be applied to pavements less than a year old when the pavement surface and the air temperature are 50 °F or more.
i. At the end of the construction season, if the surface temperature is 50 °F or less, apply Traffic Paint Type 1A.
b. Thermoplastic shall be applied to pavements one year or older when the pavement surface and the air temperature are 70 °F or more.
c. At the point of application, the temperature of thermoplastic shall be at least 400 °F, but no more than 440 °F.
d. Glass beads, 740.09 Type C, shall be applied at the rate of 12 pounds per 100 square feet.
i. Thermoplastic material shall be applied at a thickness of 125 mils.
ii. Use an applicator that has a shoe which rides on the pavement and extrudes the thermoplastic.
e. Thermoplastic shall be applied at the rate of 2,340 pounds per mile of 4-inch line, 4,680 pounds per mile of 6-inch line, and/or 133 pounds per 100 square feet.
1. General requirements per 644.
3. Air and pavement temperature, type and condition of existing pavement.
a. Temperature requirements are outlined in 644.04.
4. Location and/or stationing of where work is performed.
5. Measure in appropriate unit and turn in for pay.
6. Use form CA-D-3A to document information.