1. Material Type, .
2. Glass beads, 740.09 Type D.
3. Application of Epoxy Pavement Marking, Item 646.
a. Epoxy shall be applied at a surface temperature of 50 °F and above.
b. Epoxy shall be applied in components, Part A and Part B, in proportions recommended by the manufacturer.
c. Cleaning and surface preparation shall be done according to Item 646.04 for different pavement types and done according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
d. Glass beads, 740.09 Type D, shall be applied at the rate of 31 pounds per 100 square feet.
i. Glass beads shall be applied in a double-drop system with Size I, large gradation first and Size II, regular graduation second in equal amounts by weight in the same pass.
e. Epoxy shall be applied at the rate of 22 gallons per mile of 4-inch (100 mm) line, 33 gallons per mile of 6-inch line and/or 1.25 gallons per 100 square feet.
1. General requirements per 646.
3. Air and pavement temperature is above 50 °F.
4. Location and/or stationing where work is performed.
5. Measure in appropriate unit and turn in for pay.
6. Use form CA-D-3A to document information.