1. Material Type, .
2. Glass beads, 740.09 Type C.
3. Application of Spray Thermoplastic, Item 648.
a. Spray Thermoplastic shall be applied to pavements less than a year old when the pavement surface and air temperature are 50 °F or higher.
i. At the end of the construction season, if the surface temperature is 50 °F or less, apply Traffic Paint Type 1A.
b. Spray Thermoplastic shall be applied to pavements one year or older when the pavement surface and air temperature are 70° F and rising.
c. The Temperature of the Spray Thermoplastic, at the point of application, shall be at least 375 °F, but no more than 425 °F.
d. Glass beads, 740.09 Type C, shall be applied at the rate of 10 pounds per 100 square feet.
e. Spray Thermoplastic material shall be applied at a thickness of 45 mils.
f. Spray Thermoplastic shall be applied at the rate of 762 to 886 pounds per mile of 4-inch line and 1,143 to 1,329 pounds per mile of 6-inch line.
1. General requirements per 648.
3. Air and pavement temperature, type and condition of existing pavement.
a. Temperature requirements are outlined in 648.05.
4. Location and/or stationing of where work is performed.
5. Measure in appropriate unit and turn in for pay.
6. Use form CA-D-3A to document information.