Furnish materials conforming to the following requirements:
Products must be compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Products will be designed to be physically embedded into concrete and be of a color that visually contrasts with the concrete. Do not use black as a color.
Products may be manufactured from materials of cast iron, stainless steel, polymer concrete, reinforced polymer composite, or granite. Products may be designed as either one time installation products or replaceable products.
Surface applied, stamped concrete, concrete, and brick products will not be permitted.
Detectable Warning Devices will be provided with a minimum 5 year written warranty with at least the following:
1. The installed device will remain ADA compliant for the term of the warranty period.
2. During the warranty period at least 85% of the truncated domes on installed device will remain entirely intact.
3. The installed device will remain securely affixed to and flush with the concrete substrate.
4. Any surface coating applied to the installed product will remain in place and color fast.
5. At no cost to the Department, the manufacturer will replace the product, including all installation costs, if during the 5 year warranty period the product fails to comply with the above warranty requirements. Any new device installed under the warranty will meet the requirements of this specification
See Standard Construction Construction Drawing BP-7.1 for dimensions
As part of the acceptance for inclusion on this Approved Products List (APL) submit the proposed warranty to the Department along with material samples, dimensional drawings, and written installation procedures to:
Roadway Standards Engineer
ODOT- Office of Roadway Engineering
Mail Stop 1230
1980 W. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43223