UAV (Unmanned Air Vehicles) and PAV (Personal Air Vehicles) present unique opportunities for Ohio companies. The supply chain of this growing segment within the aerospace and defense industries requires that companies clearly understand its requirements, the applications where their products may be used, and the ITAR and EAR export regulations to supply military industries in other countries. This seminar will focus on potential opportunities for businesses in our region, funding programs to support related R&D activities as well as partnership programs with university and federal research labs that can help companies develop suitable products for the aerospace industry. The event will also include information on how NASA can assist in the development of UAVs and PAVs as well as in-depth training on ITAR regulations applicable to those vehicles.
CLEs will be available for this seminar, pending approval.
• Funding availability for R&D
• NASA technology update
• Overview of The Aerospace Corporation and assistance offered to manufacturers in the region
• Partnerships with university and federal labs for UAV development
• Challenge Problem: What is it?
• Update on best procurement opportunities and what the industry is seeking
• Update on the Kent State Aerospace Engineering program
• Best opportunities globally for the aerospace industry
• Comprehensive overview of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
o Defensive articles and technical data
o Impact of Export Control Reform on UAV and PAV exports
o Discussion of export controls and EAR on former ITAR items
o Deemed exports and how they affect university research
o Does ITAR apply to your company if you don't export?
o ITAR and components, technology, foreign nationals
o ITAR and subcontractors
• Dennis Andersh - Executive Director & CEO, Wright State Research Institute
• Vince Bilardo Jr. - Senior Project Leader, The Aerospace Corporation
• Todd Hiser - Senior International Trade Specialist, U.S. Commercial Service
• Bruce Leeds - Attorney of Counsel, Braumiller Law Group
• NASA representative
• Jessica Orr - Program Manager, University of Dayton Research Institute
• Dr. Blake Stringer and Dr. Maureen McFarland - Kent State University College of Aeronautics and Engineering