Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)
The Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) provides funding for projects defined as transportation alternatives, including on- and off-road pedestrian and bicycle facilities, infrastructure projects for improving non-driver access to public transportation and enhanced mobility, community improvement activities, and environmental mitigation; recreational trail program projects; and safe routes to school projects.
Starting in calendar year 2020, the Transportation Alternative Program (TAP), for areas outside of an MPO, has changed its application cycle. Here is the new schedule:
- Letters of Interest link will go live October 1st, 2020 and Letters of Interest would be due October 31st, 2020 will be due October 31st, 2020.
- Central Office to review Letters of Interest for eligibility November 1st, 2020– November 30th, 2020.
- TAP Application link will go live December 1st and applications will be due January 31st, 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed and scored by Selection Committee, ODOT Central Office and D8 & D9 LPA Managers, and Districts February 1st, 2021– March 10th, 2021.
- Selection Committee meeting March 16th, 2021-March 17th, 2021 (if second day is needed).
- Award will go to Governance Board for April meeting
- Award notification immediately after awards OK’d from Governance Board
This new schedule has been adopted to give applicants an opportunity to apply for multiple ODOT funding sources in the same application year. For example, if your project has eligible items for TAP and Small City, applicants will now have their Small City decision before the TAP letter of Interest is due and can make necessary changes based on the results of the Small City application.
2020 TAP Guidance will soon be posted to the Office of Local Programs website.