Ohio.gov State Agencies  |  Online Services
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Division of Planning
Jennifer Townley, Deputy Director
How Do I...?
You're here because you don't know where you want to start or what kind of information you're actually looking for. Roll over the question in orange to reveal the answer. If you don't find your answer, please visit the Contact Us page and ask your question directly.
  • How do I find out what transportation projects are going on in my neighborhood?

    There is no simple answer to this question, but we do have subject matters expert here at ODOT's Division of Planning who are dedicated to helping people get the right answers. All projects start at the local level, usually with the Metropolitan Planning Organizations. If a project has an ODOT component, meaning it has federal funding behind it, it's managed at the District Level. So there are two three places to start to answer this question:
    ODOT District
    MPO Planning Process
    Statewide Improvement Program
  • How do I request public information?

    If you are looking for information that yo do not think you can find on our website but you believe exists, please download the following document from the ODOT Division of Communications:
    ODOT Public Records Act Policy and Procedures
  • How do I know if a public meeting is being held about a project I'm interested in?

    ​A good place to start is the Project Information & Transportation Studies of Interest page. Every project has a public involvement component. Another place to start is the Division pull-down menu at the top of every ODOT page. Every Division has some type of Project site that will lead to public involvement information.
  • How do I renew my license and registration?

    The Ohio Department of Public Safety Bureau of Motor Vehicle handles drivers licenses and registration of vehicles and other modes of transportation.
    Go to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
  • How do I get a map of Ohio's bike and pedestrian network?

    We have a website devoted to Bike and Pedestrian Information as well as a page with easy downloads of brochures, maps and other information devoted to bike and pedestrian trails throughout Ohio. Click on the links below:
    Bicycle & Pedestrian Information
    Ohio's Bikeway & Trails
  • How do I find out more about noise walls?

    ​Visit the noisewall Frequently Asked Questions page.
  • How do I find out about noise walls in my area?

    Download the Upcoming Noise Wall Projects file.
  • How do I find out if a bridge is historic?

    Visit the Historic Bridges page.
  • How do I comment on a project?

    Projects are generally managed at the local level and information about projects and projects contacts are found on the district websites​ accessible from the ODOT District Map and Contact Information page.

    The largest projects and programs and initiatives within ODOT can be accessed via the Project Information and Transportation Studies of Interest page.

    While the Capital Reporting section of the Office of Program Management in the Division of Planning manages and coordinates Ellis, a web-based application designed to be a major management system linking ODOT's new approaches to project delivery, planning, system forecasting and financial management. Visit the Capital Reporting page to learn more about Ellis the program and the application.
  • How do I get updated traffic counts?

    Traffic counts are a complicated data collection ​effort among local, state and federal government staff. We do our best to keep our traffic monitoring pages as up-to-date and current as possible. Start with our Traffic Monitoring site, but please be advised that traffic counts are a fluid statistic and getting assistance from and asking questions of our dependable, responsive staff is a good idea.
  • How do I get highway safety information?

    ODOT devotes a staff and information systems resources to the collection, analysis and dissemination of highway safety data to help decision-makers. Go to the Highway Safety​ website to find out more and explore the many tools, data and publications we offer in support of the national initiative "Toward Zero Deaths."
  • How do I find out more about Ohio's Scenic Byways?

    Glad you asked! Ohio has a robust Scenic Byways program in cooperation with the National Scenic Highways program. Click on the link below to find out everything you always wanted to know about Ohio's Scenic Byways:
    Ohio Scenic Byways Program
  • How do I get involved with Ohio's transportation planning projects?

    There are many opportunities to become involved in Transportation projects. ODOT routinely sponsors public meetings to share ideas and hear concerns from people affected by a transportation project.

    Start with the Project Information & Transportation Studies of Interest page. All large projects rely on an interactive public relations component.

    Another way to have your voice heard is to participate in Access Ohio 2040, the process for updating the State of Ohio’s long-range transportation plan.

    If you are a student, you might consider intern opportunities, which are posted on the State of Ohio’s Government Jobs site.

    Or, if you are a student with a valid student ID, you may attend, for free, the Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference (OTEC).

    If you’re interested in participating in transportation projects local to where you live, go to the ODOT District Map and Contact Information and determine your District and go to their website for more detailed information about local projects close to where you live.
  • How do I find out more about the GoBus and are there any plans to extend it?

    Go to the GoBus site or call 888-954-6287.
  • How do I request Certified Design Traffic?

    Certified Design Traffic requests should be made through the ODOT District Office. Contact information for the District offices can be on the ODOT District Map and Contact Information page.
  • How do I apply for Specialized Transportation Program funding?

    You can find out more about the program by visiting the Specialized Transportation Program page.
  • How do I report my Specialized Transportation Program vehicle monitoring information?

    ​The report form is located on the Specialized Transportation Program page.
  • How do I request disposition for my ODOT-funded vehicle?

    The Request Form and Guidelines are located on the Vehicle the Specialized Transportation Program page.
  • How do I find more information about transit training opportunities?

  • How do I sign up for Transit's e-newsletters?

    Go to ​Transit's Sign Up Form to be join the Office of Transit's mailing list.