Items to consider when building a SRTS project on School District property.
Since the intent is to protect FHWA investment for the lifecycle of the improvement, there will need to be some documentation.
1. The school board must become a cosponsor of the project.
2. A maintenance agreement between the school and the local government must be in place.
3. The local may have to pass some consent legislation allowing ODOT to complete the work within the jurisdiction. (ODOT Let)
4. There must be a transfer of an easement from the school to the local government.
5. The school board must sign the donation letter.
See examples and templates below: