To perform statewide condition and needs analyses on Ohio’s road network and manage ODOT’s capital programs in a fiscally responsible manner to assure the best use of Ohio’s transportation resources.
- Develop a data driven process for ranking and funding capital program projects.
- Produce processes, documents and reports needed to comply with regulations so that Federal transportation funding continues to Ohio without interruption.
- Crash Fatality Rate: Reduce the crash fatality rate from the current rate of 1.31 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled (mvmt) to less then one fatality per 100 mvmt.
- Frequency of Crashes: Reduce the frequency of crashes by 10 percent from the baseline 2002 year (reduction of approximately 40,000 crashes statewide).
- A Rear-End Crashes: Reduce rear-end crashes by 25 percent from the baseline 2002 year (reduction of approximately 25,000 rear-end crashes statewide).
- Fiscally balance capital programs.