Instructions for use of Ohio School Crash Statistics:
Use link to the right to Open Excel 2007 Document.
- Click on arrow in Column F and choose County. This will narrow results by the county you are researching.
- Click on arrow in Column G and choose City, Village or Township by name. This will further narrow the results by jurisdiction (there will be some overlap with this selection).
- Click on arrow in Column C and choose School by name. This will further narrow results by school.
- Select and Copy all visible fields.
- Open new book in Excel.
- Paste Special and select formulas to paste information (including map links) into new book (This step is crucial. If you do not paste into new book, all statewide information will be accessed during the next step).
- Save the new book to your computer.
The result will be the accidents for the specific school you are researching.
- The procedure may have to be repeated for multiple schools. (Note: Crashes are unique by school. If looking for all crashes in a school district, it will be likely that duplicates exist).
Remember to further narrow results to areas students actually use, or have the potential to use, to travel back and forth to school.
The following table contains statewide crash data for the number of Bicycles and Pedestrians involved in a crash within 2 miles of a k-8 school.
|2011 - 2013 Crashes (All Ages)|
|2011 - 2013 Crashes (Ages 5 to 14)|
For the Crash Report Help File: Click Here
For the Ohio Department of Public Safety Statewide Crash Statistics: Click Here
Instructions to obtain specific OH-1 Reports from ODPS:
- In Excel, sort crashes by year.
- Copy Document Numbers by Year in groups of 100 records.
- Only one year can be searched at a time.
If a specific year has more than 100 records, view the records in multiple groups not exceeding the 100 record limit.
- Paste Document Numbers into the "Document Number" field.
- Fill in the "Code" in the yellow box, and select the "Submit" button.
- Click the "Get Report Date" button.
- Click "Select Report" hyperlink next to each specific crash record to view the OH-1 Report Document.