2.2 – EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP
The support of Executive Leadership is crucial to the success of the Department's research program. Executive Leadership is responsible for setting the overall direction of the research program through identification of strategic focus areas as outlined in the Departments business plan. Executive Leadership will oversee the activities of the research program by:
- Approving the annual work program (see Section 4.4).
- Approving selected researchers for each research project.
- Appointing members to the ODOT Standing Committee on Research.
- Reviewing and approving the division/office/district three-year strategic research plan(s).
- Reviewing recommendations to terminate contracts for projects sponsored within the division/district.
- Reviewing and approving implementation plans.
District Deputy Directors can sponsor research projects; however, all projects that might result in changes to standards, specifications, or statewide policies and procedures must be co-sponsored by the appropriate Central Office Deputy Director. For more information on district participation in the research program, see Sections 2.4 and 2.5.