Chapter 2 - Roles and Responsibilities
2.4 – SPONSORING DIVISIONS/OFFICES/DISTRICTS
Deputy Directors of each Division will approve the strategic research plan of each office under their direction. The Administrator for each sponsoring office that participates in research activities has responsibility and accountability that includes but is not limited to the following functions:
- Identifying research needs and developing a three-year office strategic research plan that is responsive to the Department's long term strategic research goals as well as specific goals of the office.
- Integrating research elements into the annual office work plan.
- Developing research problem statements in accordance with the need of the division/office.
- Conducting preliminary literature search in support of the requested research project.
- Facilitating and ensuring the timely completion of research activities by their staff.
- Preparing periodic status reports on unusual or unique and high-impact projects in conjunction with IRIS.
- Developing and recommending an implementation plan of favorable research results; and coordinating and assisting in implementation activities.
- Developing strategies for technology transfer in conjunction with IRIS.
- Developing and monitoring the progress of research implementation plans.