Ohio.gov State Agencies  |  Online Services
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
​​
Division of Planning
Statewide Planning & Research
Statewide Planning & Research - Part 1

The State Planning & Research (SPR) program is a federally required program used to fund transportation planning and research in Ohio. Funding comes from a 2% set aside of Ohio’s apportionments from the:

  1. National Highway Performance Program (NHPP)
  2. Surface Transportation Program (STP)
  3. Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
  4. Congestion Mitigation Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ)

Of the 2% set aside for the SPR Program, 25% goes to research activities (SPR Part 2). The other 75% goes to planning activities (SPR Part 1). This website covers the SPR Part 1 program.

Download the SFY15 SPR Part 1 Work Program that describes how the program funds will be spent this fiscal year.

 

 Contact

 

Andrew Shepler
andrew.shepler@dot.state.oh.us
(614) 466-2348