The State Planning & Research (SPR) program is a federally required program used to fund transportation planning and research in Ohio. Funding comes from a 2% set aside of Ohio’s apportionments from the:
- National Highway Performance Program (NHPP)
- Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG)
- Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
- Congestion Mitigation Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ)
- National Highway Freight Program
Of the 2% set aside for the SPR Program, 25% goes to research activities (SPR Part 2). The other 75% goes to planning activities (SPR Part 1). This website covers the SPR Part 1 program.