Ohio Rail Development Commission • News Release
1980 West Broad Street • Columbus, Ohio 43223
Rail Projects in Van Wert & Muskingum Counties on ORDC Agenda
Steel Transload Rail Site in Cleveland, Rail & Bridge Rehab Also To Be Considered
Columbus (Friday, January 14, 2011) – Two important industrial development sites with the potential to create much-needed jobs will boost their attractiveness to new business with new rail connections, if ORDC Commissioners approve at their regular meeting on January 20th.
• The Eastpointe Business Park near Zanesville is seeking to improve both rail access and safety by extending rail service deeper into the 1,200 acre industrial park and adding new lights and gates to grade crossings at the site. The Zanesville-Muskingum County Port Authority is asking the ORDC to serve as project sponsor so it may access $475,000 in federal rail line relocation funds for the project.
• In Van Wert County, the local port authority is seeking a $500,000 grant to rehab a rail line into a 1,600 acre Job Ready Mega Site that could generate up to 2,500 jobs and improve service and business for two existing companies.
Commissioners will also consider a request for funding to make repairs to a railroad bridge on the City of Greenfield-owned rail line in Highland County. They will also hear briefings on a staff-approved project to rehabilitate the Indiana & Ohio Railroad Line from Lancaster to Logan, a rail bridge repair project in Ashtabula County and funding for a steel trans-loading facility on the Cleveland Commercial Railroad.
The Commissioners will meet at 11:00 am (with committee meetings at 10:00 am) at:
The Ohio Department of Transportation Headquarters
1980 West Broad Street
Room GA, Lower Level
And agenda and project briefings are available on request by contacting Stu Nicholson at 614-644-0513 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The ORDC will also welcome three new Commissioners at the January 20th meeting:
• ODOT Director Jerry Wray (Ex-Officio)
• ODOD Director Mark Kvamme (Ex-Officio)
• Ronald Rasmus (appointed as Manufacturer Representative)
For more information contact:
Stu Nicholson, ORDC Communications,