Rail Improvement Program
INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS FOR RAIL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
Physical Characteristics of the Project:
- Map of where the line is located (Google Earth or equivalent).
- Track charts for the line.
- Scope of the proposed Project:
Owner of the project section once the project is completed and the entity responsible for the maintenance (if different than owner).
- Physical limits of the project (MP to MP).
- Type of work being done.
- Cost estimate, internal or prepared by a qualified contractor.
- Timing of the project.
Marketing & Economic Characteristics of the Project:
- The cost breakdown of the proposed project by funding source.
- The maintenance expense, capital expenditure and revenues of the applicant or operating railroad for the most recent three (3) years.
- The benefit of the project to the railroad.
- Shipper contact information for each shipper on the line.
- Railcar loadings for the last three (3) years by shipper, including commodity and inbound/outbound splits.
- Explain how ORDC funding assists with the completion of the project.
Explain how the Project meets one or more of the following ORDC Objectives:
- Preserve and enhance existing rail lines and corridors.
- Provide rail access to retain existing and attract new businesses.
- Provide Ohio’s communities and industries with transportation options, connectivity and opportunities.
- Improve safety at grade crossings.
- Reduce derailments.
- Improve environmental quality, especially in terms of air quality.
- Improve on-time performance.
- Preserve, maintain, expand and modernize Ohio’s rail system.
- Preserve existing tracks and rights of way for future use.
- Improve access to global and domestic markets.
Provide improved transportation choices for Ohio communities and industries.
ORDC Grant and Loan Application