Ohio.gov State Agencies  |  Online Services
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Representative church along the byway.

Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches

The Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches Byway travels through Shelby, Auglaize and Mercer counties, beginning in McCartyville. It then travels along State Route 119 to Fort Recovery, and proceeds north along State Route 49 until it ends at State Route 29 west of Wabash. This 38.4-mile long scenic route encompasses many of the grand historical aspects of the early settlers of the region. An array of cross-tipped churches can be viewed endlessly as one travels through this virtually level farming region. These structures were entered into the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.

View Land of The Cross-Tipped Churches in a larger map




​The Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches
Greater Grand Lake Visitors Region
900 Edgewater Drive
St. Marys, Ohio 45885
Akron, OH 44311
(419) 394-1294


 Related Links


 Byway Highlights