Week of October 17, 2016
The following is work scheduled to occur in the coming week on state highways within the Ohio Department of Transportation District 1 which includes the counties of Allen, Defiance, Hancock, Hardin, Paulding, Putnam, Van Wert and Wyandot. For the latest in statewide construction visit www.ohgo.com.
Interstate 75 reconstruction from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, through Lima and Allen County, is nearing completion. Current impacts to traffic are as follows:
- Occasional lane closures will continue through the week, generally between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. each day, both northbound and southbound to complete seeding and repair rutted areas.
- Some pavement grinding to provide smoothness will occur on select days within the next two weeks which will require a lane closure during nighttime hours, generally from 7 p.m. until 2 p.m. the following day.
- Posted speed through the work zone will be lowered while work is taking place.
- Paving of the final course of asphalt both northbound and southbound has been completed.
- Installation of pavement reflectors, pavement striping, berm work and placement of rumble strips has been completed.
- Yoder Road pavement striping has been completed.
- Traffic on Ohio 65 beneath Interstate 75 is now operating in a normal pattern. Signal and sign work at the interchange is ongoing with minimal effect to traffic.
Interstate 75 between Fourth Street and Ohio 81 is currently restricted through the work zone both northbound and southbound for repair of pavement under warranty. Repairs will occur over the next two weeks, generally between the hours of 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day.
Additional Allen County projects:
Ohio 501 just north of Breese Road will close October 17 for five days for a culvert replacement. Traffic detoured onto Ohio 117, Ohio 198 back to Ohio 501. Work is being performed by the ODOT Allen County maintenance garage.
Interstate 75 both northbound and southbound from just north of Ohio 81 to Beaverdam will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for pavement repair. Work is being performed by the ODOT Allen County maintenance garage.
Ohio 309 (Elida Road) from Eastown Road to U.S. 30, including the village of Elida, is restricted for widening, curb and gutter installation, drainage improvements and resurfacing. The project will continue through the fall. Work is being performed by VTF Excavation LLC, Celina.
The following impacts are occurring or upcoming. Traffic patterns will change frequently:
o Traffic on Ohio 309 from Eastown Road to Elida is traveling in one lane westbound and two lanes eastbound. The turn lane remains available.
§ Between Baty Road and Eastown Road, traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction at various locations through this area for drainage installation. The turn lane remains available. The restrictions through this area will be in place from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day. Traffic delays should be expected.
§ Traffic patterns will change frequently through this section.
o Paving and concrete work is occurring throughout the project area. Motorists should be aware they will encounter many pieces of construction equipment moving into and out of the work zone.
Ohio 117 and Ohio 501 (Wapak Road) intersection realignment and widening project and construction of left-turn lanes on Ohio 117 began June 30. Work is being performed by Bluffton Paving, Bluffton. The following impacts to traffic are occurring or upcoming:
· Wapak Road at the intersection of Ohio 117 is now open.
- Ohio 501 (Wapak Road) south of Ohio 117 is now open.
- Widening work on Ohio 117 and final paving are complete. Finish work including intersection lighting will occur in the coming weeks and may require short-term lane closures.
Ohio 49 on the south edge of the village of Hicksville closed October 3 for approximately 20 days for a storm drainage installation project. Traffic will be detoured onto U.S. 2, Ohio 18, U.S. 127 and U.S. 24 back to Ohio 49. Work is being performed by Vernon Nagel Inc., Napoleon, for the village of Hicksville.
Ohio 15 from just south of the city of Defiance to the Putnam County line will be reduced to one lane through the work zone for sealing of pavement cracks. Work is being performed by the ODOT Defiance County maintenance garage.
U.S. 24 over Krouse Road is reduced to one lane through the work zone beginning August 31 for a slope and shoulder repair project. The project will continue until late fall. Work is being performed by Vernon Nagel Construction, Napoleon.
U.S. 24 throughout Defiance and Paulding County is restricted both eastbound and westbound at various locations throughout the corridor during repair of the concrete pavement. All ramp closures at the interchanges related to the project have been completed. Work will continue through the fall. Work is being performed by Kokosing Construction, Columbus.
Ohio 12 eastbound (Fostoria Avenue) from Tiffin Avenue to Bright Road, Findlay, will be closed during daytime hours only, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., beginning September 6 for installation of a storm sewer line. The project will continue for approximately two months. The project is being administered by the city of Findlay.
Ohio 12 from Findlay to Arcadia, and from the southwest side of Fostoria to the Seneca County line reduced to one lane through the work zone for a resurfacing project which began September 6. The project will continue until early November. Work is being performed by M&B Ashpalt, Old Fort.
The following restrictions related to the project are occurring:
· Ohio 12 resurfacing through the village of Arcadia is complete. Installation of curbs, sidewalk and handicap ramps is complete.
· Ohio 12 pavement resurfacing through Fostoria is expected to be completed by the beginning of the week. Traffic continues to be reduced to one through the work zone.
· Pavement striping, and installation of rumble strips and pavement reflectors will restrict traffic to one lane through the work zone throughout the project area.
Interstate 75 from just south of Ohio 235 north of Bluffton to just south of the County Road 60 overhead near Rawson is reduced to one lane, both northbound and southbound, for a joint repair and resurfacing project. The project will continue until late October. Work is being performed by Shelly Co., Findlay.
The following notes are related to the project:
· All ramps are now open. Striping on the ramps will occur during the week with traffic maintained.
· Paving both northbound and southbound will continue.
Interstate 75 between Perrysburg and County Road 99 north of Findlay will have the following restrictions through the fall during reconstruction and widening:
· Through November, overnight lane restrictions, generally from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m., are possible on I-75 between the I-75/I-475 interchange in Perrysburg and County Road 99 in Hancock County. Through December, 11-foot lane width restrictions are in place on I-75 between U.S. 20 in Perrysburg and County Road 99 in Hancock County.
· Through December, Township Road 101 in Hancock County, between County Road 220 and Township Road 142, is closed for bridge work over I-75.
Ohio 31 at Letson Avenue at the south end of the city of Kenton closed September 12 for 45 days for an intersection and sewer upgrade project. Traffic detoured onto U.S. 68, Ohio 273, Ohio 292 and Ohio 47 to Ohio 31. Work is being performed by the Shelly Company, Findlay, for the city of Kenton.
Ohio 66 between County Road 201 and County Road 209 near Arthur is now open following a culvert replacement.
Ohio 66 just south of Ohio 637 is now open following a culvert replacement.
Ohio 111 between County Road 115 and County Road 133 will close October 17 for five days for culvert replacements at two separate locations. Traffic detoured onto U.S. 127, Ohio 114 and Ohio 637 back to Ohio 111. Work is being performed by the ODOT Paulding County maintenance garage.
Ohio 111/Ohio 637 approximately one mile east of Ohio 637 will close October 24 for four days for a drainage installation project. Traffic on Ohio 111 detoured onto Ohio 637, Ohio 613, Ohio 66 and Ohio 637 back to Ohio 111. Traffic on Ohio 637 detoured onto Ohio 613 and Ohio 66 back to Ohio 637. Work is being performed by the ODOT Paulding County maintenance garage.
Safe Routes to School project which includes construction of a sidewalk along the north side of Canal Road between Kroos Drive and Harrmann Road, and also along the west side of Harrmann Road between Canal Road and the entrance to the Antwerp School began September 19. The project also includes new curbs, curb ramps, signage and crosswalk markings. The project is not expected to have a significant impact to traffic. The project will continue until late October. Work on the project is being performed by Vernon Nagel Construction, Napoleon.
U.S. 127 from Jackson Street to Garfield Avenue, and Ohio 111 from Cherry Street to U.S. 127 in the village of Paulding is restricted for a resurfacing, handicap ramp installation and sidewalk project which began the week of September 26. Paving is complete. Installation of handicap ramps and sidewalks is occurring. The project will continue until late October. Work is being performed by Gerken Paving, Napoleon.
U.S. 24 throughout Defiance and Paulding County is restricted both eastbound and westbound at various locations throughout the corridor during repair of the concrete pavement. Ramp closures at the interchanges related to the project have been completed. Work will continue through the fall. Work is being performed by Kokosing Construction, Columbus.
Pavement repair will take place at the following locations with traffic maintained through the work zone. Work is being performed by the ODOT Putnam County maintenance garage:
-U.S. 224 from the Van Wert County line to Kalida
-Ohio 613 from Ohio 108 to Ohio 109
-Ohio 109 from Ohio 613 to the Henry County line
-Ohio 190 from Fort Jennings to U.S. 224
Ohio 15 between the village of Ottawa and the Defiance County line, and Ohio 634 between the village of Continental and Ohio 15 is restricted to one lane through the work zone for a resurfacing project. The project will continue through mid October. Work is being performed by Gerken Paving, Napoleon.
Van Wert County
Ohio 81 between Horner Road and Schumm Road is now open.
Ohio 81 near Mendon Road will be restricted to one lane through the work zone for installation of drainage tile. Work is being performed by the ODOT Van Wert County maintenance garage.
U.S. 127 (Washington Street) between Fox Road and Ervin Road in the city of Van Wert closed April 11 for reconstruction and widening of the road. Access to local businesses is maintained. Traffic is detoured onto Ohio 81, Ohio 118, Ervin Road/Van Wert-Decatur Road, U.S. 224 and U.S. 30 back to U.S. 127. The closure will remain in place until early November. Work is being performed by Helms & Sons Excavating, Findlay.
· The U.S. 127 (Washington St.) and Ervin Road intersection has been reopened.
- The U.S. 127 (Washington St.) and Fox Road/Ohio 116 intersection is now open.
Ohio 53 between Ohio 293 and County Highway 108 is now open following a culvert replacement.
For more information contact:
Rhonda Pees, Public Information Officer, at (419) 999-6803
or email D01.PIO@dot.state.oh.us
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.