Interstate 75 Reconstruction --Project 2, Allen County
April 9, 2013
Ohio 117/309 to close at 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, 2013
- Beginning at approximately 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, 2013, traffic on Ohio 117/309 just east of Interstate 75 will be closed to allow crews to place a drainage conduit across Ohio 117/309.
- Traffic on Ohio 117/309 will be detoured onto Interstate 75.
- Westbound Ohio 117/309 traffic will be detoured onto northbound Interstate 75 to the Ohio 81 exit where they will exit Interstate 75, reenter Interstate 75 southbound back to Ohio 117/309 (exit 125).
- Eastbound Ohio 117/309 traffic will be detoured onto southbound Interstate 75 to the Fourth Street exit, reenter Interstate 75 northbound back to the Ohio 309/117 exit (exit 125).
- Ohio 117/309 is expected to reopen to traffic by 6:00 a.m. Thursday, April 11, 2013.
- If work is not completed in one night, the same detour will be utilized to finish the work the night of April 11, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Friday morning April 12, 2013.
CLICK THE MAP FOR LARGER, PRINTABLE PDF
About the I-75 Project Phases:
Project 2 will reconstruct the existing lanes of Interstate 75 from Fourth Street to just north of Ohio 81 in Lima. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Fourth Street, Ohio 81 and Ohio 117/309 interchanges; a safety upgrade to Ohio 309 east of the Interstate 75 interchange; and the reconstruction and realignment of Ohio 81 from Neubrecht to Stewart Road. This phase is expected to be completed in 2015.
Project 1 of the Interstate 75 reconstruction project, which is the replacement of the Fourth Street and Reservoir Road bridges over Interstate 75 in Lima, began last year and will be completed in the spring. Both structures were opened to traffic last fall. Project 3, from the Auglaize County line to Fourth Street, will begin in 2014. This phase also includes the reconstruction of the Breese Road and Ohio 65 interchanges as well as the replacement of the Hanthorn and McClain Road bridges over Interstate 75. The overall project is scheduled to be completed in 2016.
ODOT Contact Information
Scott Mullins, P.E., Area Engineer
Dan Kaseman, P.E., Planning and Engineering Administrator
Rhonda Pees, Public Information Officer