U.S. Route 24 Bridge Deck Replacement Project Update
BOWLING GREEN (Monday, July 12, 2010) – The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the bridge repair on the US 24 bridge deck replacement project. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
7. U.S. Route 24: Bridge Deck Replacement
Lucas County (163-10): Redeck the US 24 bridge over I-475. Through November, overnight from 8pm through 6am, motorists may encounter lane restrictions on I-475/US 23 at US 24. Also through November, US 24 is reduced to one lane in each direction from Monclova Road to just west of I-475. The following ramps are closed:
- Through Tuesday, July 13, the ramp from eastbound US 24 to northbound I-475. Detour: southbound I-475; SR 25 (Exit 2).
- Through Tuesday July 13, the ramp from westbound US 24 to southbound I-475. Detour: Fallen Timbers Lane (Exit 67); eastbound U.S. 24.
- Through August, the ramp from northbound I-475 to westbound US 24. Detour: Salisbury Road (Exit 6); southbound I-475.
- Through August, the ramp from southbound I-475 to eastbound US 24. Detour: SR 25 (Exit 2); northbound I-475.
On Tuesday, July 13at 6am through 6pm, crews will be shifting traffic from the left lanes to the right lanes in both directions of US 24, from Monclova Road to just west of I-475. Crews will also work on opening the ramp from eastbound US 24 to northbound I-475 and the ramp from westbound US 24 to southbound I-475 at this time. ODOT expects both ramps to be open by Tuesday, July 13 at 6pm.
Project complete: November 2010. All work is weather permitting.
For more information contact:
The District 2 Public Information office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us