Interstate 280 Bridge Inspection
BOWLING GREEN (Monday, September 19, 2016) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following schedule for the I-280 Veterans Glass City Skyway annual bridge inspection:
Interstate 280: Bridge Inspection
Lucas County: Effective today, through Friday, September 23, daily from 9am until 3pm, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on the I-280 Veterans Glass City Skyway for bridge inspection.
During the inspection, daily from 9am until 3pm, the following ramps may be closed:
· Today – the ramp from Front Street to northbound I-280. Detour: southbound I-280; SR 2/Navarre Avenue (Exit 7); northbound I-280.
· Today – the ramp from southbound I-280 to Front Street (Exit 9). Detour: SR 2/Navarre Avenue (Exit 7); northbound I-280.
· Tuesday, September 20 – the ramp from northbound I-280 to Greenbelt Parkway (Exit 11). Detour: Manhattan Boulevard (Exit 12); southbound I-280.
· Wednesday, September 21 – the ramp from Greenbelt Parkway to southbound I-280. Detour: northbound I-280; Manhattan Boulevard (Exit 12); southbound I-280.
· Thursday, September 22 – the ramp from southbound I-280 to Front Street (Exit 9). Detour: SR 2/Navarre Avenue (Exit 7); northbound I-280.
All work is weather permitting.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.