Interstate 75 Widening Project
BOWLING GREEN (Sunday, April 26, 2015) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update on the I-75 widening project. Work was postponed due to weather. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined. Motorists are advised to be aware of changing traffic patterns and ramp closures on I-75 between I-280 and I-475 in Toledo beginning Monday evening through Thursday morning.
Interstate 75: Widening
*MAJOR TRAFFIC PATTERN CHANGE EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY*
Lucas County (485-14, 536-14): Project to widen I-75 from I-475 in Toledo to I-280. Through July 2018, single lane restrictions are possible on I-75, from I-475 in Toledo to I-280 for traffic shifts. Motorists are advised of traffic pattern changes in this work zone.
Effective Monday, April 27 at 8pm, through November 2016, the ramp from northbound I-75 to Phillips Avenue (Exit 206) will be closed. Detour: South Expressway Drive (Exit 207); Stickney Avenue; North Expressway Drive.
By Tuesday, April 28, through fall 2016, motorist should expect changes in traffic flow on northbound I-75, from Berdan Avenue to Lagrange Street. One lane of I-75 traffic will be maintained in current northbound lanes, one lane of northbound traffic will be relocated to southbound I-75 and separated by barrier wall.
Effective Tuesday, April 28 at 10pm through Wednesday, April 29 at 6am, eastbound I-475 to northbound I-75 may be closed for traffic shift and pavement markings. Detour: southbound I-75 (Exit 20A); Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B).
Effective Wednesday, April 29, at 10pm through Thursday April 30, at 6am, lane restrictions are possible on southbound I-75 from I-280 to Lagrange Street intermittent short term ramp restrictions are possible on North Expressway Drive.
Beginning Wednesday, April 29, at 10pm, through June 2016, the ramp from southbound I-75 to Philips Avenue (Exit 206) will be closed. Detour: North Expressway Drive (Exit 207); Stickney Avenue; South Expressway Drive.
On Monday, May 4, through May 2017, the Polish Village Overpass will be closed for bridge work. Detour: North Expressway Drive; Stickney Avenue; South Expressway Drive.
The following ramps are closed:
· Through June 2016, the ramp from Phillips Avenue to northbound I-75 is closed. Detour: Manhattan Boulevard; Lagrange Street; South Expressway Drive.
· The ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Phillips Avenue.
· The ramp from eastbound I-475/northbound I-75 to Jeep Parkway is permanently closed. Detour: Philips Avenue (Exit 206); Detroit Avenue; Berdan Avenue.
· Through July 2016, the ramp from northbound I-75 to Jeep Parkway (Exit 205A). Detour: Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Detroit Avenue.
· Through July 2018, the ramp from Jeep Parkway to southbound I-75. Detour: Berdan Avenue.
· Through July 2018, the ramp from Willys Parkway to northbound I-75. Detour: Berdan Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Philips Avenue.
· Through July 2018, the ramp from southbound I-75 to Willys Parkway (Exit 205A). Detour: Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B).
Through July, expect lane restrictions on Phillips Avenue at I-75 and on Lagrange Street at I-75 for bridge work.
Through June 2016, Jeep Parkway from Central Avenue to Berdan Avenue is closed. Central Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Berdan Avenue.
Through July 2018, Willys Parkway from Pioneer Lane to Jeep Parkway is closed.
Project complete: July 2018. All work is weather permitting.