Interstate 75 Widening in Hancock County
BOWLING GREEN (Tuesday, June 28, 2016) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75 widening project in Wood and Hancock Counties. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined:
Interstate 75: Widening
Wood & Hancock Counties (170-14, 199-14, 237-14 & 3000-14):
Interstate Restrictions: Through Wednesday, June 29, nightly from 7pm to 6am, I-75, between SR 613 (Exit 164) and US 224 (Exit 159), may be reduced to one lane for traffic pattern change. Motorists are advised of changing traffic patterns in this work zone.
Through November, overnight, from 7pm until 6am, single lane restrictions are possible on I-75 between the I-75/I-475 interchange in Perrysburg and CR 99 in Hancock County. Through December, southbound I-75 is reduced to two lanes from US 20 to I-475 in Perrysburg. Through December, 11-foot lane width restrictions are in place on I-75 between US 20 in Perrysburg and CR 99 in Hancock County.
· Effective Monday, July 11, through Friday, July 15, the ramp from northbound I-75 to SR 64 (Exit 181) will be closed for pavement and concrete work. Detour: US 6 (Exit 179); SR 25 (Exit 65); SR 64.
· Effective Monday, July 11, through Friday, July 15, the ramp from SR 64 to northbound I-75 will be closed for pavement and concrete work. Detour: southbound I-75; westbound US 6 (Exit 179); southbound SR 25 (Exit 65); eastbound US 6; northbound I-75 (Exit 66B).
· Through September, the ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-475 in Perrysburg will be closed for bridge work. Detour: SR 795 (Exit 195); southbound I-75.
· Through September, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to northbound I-75 in Perrysburg will be closed for bridge work. Detour: southbound I-75; SR 582 (Exit 187).
· Through October, southbound I-75 to westbound I-475 is reduced to one 11-foot lane for pavement installation.
· Through July, 11-foot lane width restrictions are in place on the ramps from northbound and southbound I-75 to Cygnet Road (Exit 171) and from Cygnet Road to northbound and southbound I-75.
Through June, Bays Road at I-75 is closed for bridge work. Detour: SR 25; SR 281; Solether Road.
Through December, Township Road 101 in Hancock County, between CR 220 and TR 142, is closed for bridge work over I-75.
Project complete: October 2017. All work is weather permitting.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.