Interstate 75 Widening in Lucas County
BOWLING GREEN (Monday, May 01, 2017) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75 widening project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined:
Interstate 75: Widening
Lucas County (485-14, 536-14): Through September 2018, overnight, 7pm through 6am, single lane restrictions are possible on I-75, from I-475 in Toledo to I-280 for widening and bridge work.
Through July, southbound I-75, between Ottawa River Road and I-280, is reduced to two lanes for pavement installation.
The following ramps are restricted/closed:
- Effective Tuesday, May 2, from 9am until 3pm, single lane restrictions are possible on the ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-475 for bridge work.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from Phillips Avenue to southbound I-75 is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Stickney Avenue (Exit 207); North Expressway Drive; southbound I-75.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from Jeep/Willys Parkway to southbound I-75 is closed. Detour: Detroit Avenue.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from Jeep/Willys Parkway to northbound I-75 is closed. Detour: Berdan Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Phillips Avenue.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from southbound I-75 to Jeep/Willys Parkway (Exit 205A) is closed. Detour: Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B).
· Through September 2018, the interchange ramp from eastbound I-475 to southbound I-75 is reduced to one lane.
Through Friday, May 5, nightly from 7pm to 6am, Phillips Avenue under I-75 will be closed for bridge work. Detour: Detroit Avenue; Manhattan Boulevard. Ramps will remain open.
Through May, the Polish Village Overpass is closed for bridge work. Detour: North Expressway Drive; Stickney Avenue; South Expressway Drive.
Through June, South Expressway Drive is restricted to a single lane between Stickney Avenue and Lagrange Street.
Through June, Elm Street and Wersell Avenue at South Expressway Drive, are closed.
Through June, Stickney Avenue, is restricted to a single lane between North Expressway Drive and South Expressway Drive.
Through August, northbound Detroit Avenue under I-75 will be reduced to one lane for bridge work.
Through October, expect lane restrictions on Phillips Avenue at I-75 for bridge work.
Through July 2018, lane restrictions are possible on Detroit Avenue at I-75 for bridge work.
Through July 2018, expect lane restrictions on Berdan Avenue at I-75 for bridge work.
Through July 2018, Willys Parkway from Pioneer Lane to Jeep Parkway is closed.
Project complete: September 2018. All work is weather permitting.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.
For more information contact:
The District Two Public Information Office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.ohio.gov