Interstate 75 Widening in Lucas County
BOWLING GREEN (Tuesday, September 27, 2016) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75 widening project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined:
Interstate 75: Widening
Lucas County (485-14, 536-14): Through September 2018, overnight, 7pm through 6am, single lane restrictions are possible on I-75, from I-475 in Toledo to I-280 for bridge work. Through September, one lane of I-75 traffic is maintained in the current northbound lane and one lane of traffic is relocated to southbound I-75 and separated by barrier wall.
The following ramps are closed:
- Effective tonight, from 11:30pm, until Wednesday, September 28 at 6am, the ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-475 may be closed for bridge work. Detour: Stickney Avenue (Exit 207); North Expressway Drive; southbound I-75.
- Through October, the ramp from northbound I-75 to Jeep Parkway (Exit 205A). Detour: Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Detroit Avenue.
- Through October, the ramp from northbound I-75 to Phillips Avenue (Exit 206). Detour: south Expressway Drive (Exit 207); Stickney Avenue; North Expressway Drive.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from Jeep Parkway to southbound I-75. Detour: Berdan Avenue.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from Willys Parkway to northbound I-75. Detour: Berdan Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Phillips Avenue.
- Through July 2018, the ramp from southbound I-75 to Willys Parkway (Exit 205A). Detour: Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B).
- The permanent closure of the ramp from Berdan Avenue to southbound I-75 will be announced.
Through October, Jeep Parkway from Central Avenue to Berdan Avenue is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Berdan Avenue.
Through October, the ramp from northbound I-75 to Berdan Avenue is restricted to right turn only movements. Suggested alternate route: Berdan Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Phillips Avenue; Haverhill Drive.
Through October, South Expressway Drive is restricted to a single lane between Stickney Avenue and Lagrange Street.
Through November, Elm Street and Wersell Avenue at South Expressway Drive, is closed.
Through May 2017, the Polish Village Overpass is closed for bridge work. Detour: North Expressway Drive; Stickney Avenue; South Expressway Drive.
Through October 2017, expect lane restrictions on Phillips Avenue at I-75 for bridge work.
Through July 2018, lane restrictions are possible on Detroit Avenue at I-75 for bridge work.
Through July 2018, expect lane restrictions on Berdan Avenue at I-75 for bridge work.
Through July 2018, Willys Parkway from Pioneer Lane to Jeep Parkway is closed.
Project complete: September 2018. All work is weather permitting.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.