I-75 between I-475 & I-280 in Lucas County
Final paving beginning this week
Construction on I-75 between I-475 and I-280 was anticipated to be finished last year. However, with early winter weather, crews were not able to complete the final paving and finishing touches as planned.
If you've driven this section of I-75, you've noticed the bridge approaches are rough. That's because the final surface course wasn't able to be paved, which is what makes the roadway smooth with the bridges.
Good news: Crews plan to begin paving the final surface this week.
Bad news: There will be lane restrictions on southbound I-75 with various ramp closures over the next few weeks for paving. Northbound restrictions for milling and paving will be announced.
Monday, April 22, 2019
I-75 Widening and Bridge Work
Project 485-14/PID 77254
Through Spring 2019
Lane restrictions possible between I-475 and Lagrange Street
Tonight at 10pm, through Monday, April 29 at 6am
- Lane restrictions on southbound I-75 for milling, drainage repair work, paving of final surface course, and pavement marking
- At least two lanes of I-75 will be maintained weekdays between 6am and 9pm
Tonight from 10pm to 6am
- Ramp from eastbound I-475 to southbound I-75 will be closed.
Detour: northbound I-75; Phillips Ave (exit 206); southbound I-75.
Saturday, April 27
- Southbound I-75 will be reduced to one lane all weekend
- Ramp from northbound I-280 to southbound I-75 will be closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Alexis Rd (Exit 210); southbound I-75
- Ramps to/from southbound I-75 to/from Expressway Dr. and Phillips Ave. will be closed
Sunday, April 28
- Southbound I-75 remains reduced to one lane
- Ramp from eastbound I-475 to southbound I-75 reduced to one lane
- Pioneer Ln. between SR 120/Central Ave. and Jeep Pkwy. interchange closed
Detour: Willys Pkwy.; Berdan Ave.; Jeep Pkwy.; Central Ave.
**All work is weather permitting.**
For more information contact:
The District Two Public Information Office at
Know Before You Go!
For more detailed traffic information, and to get personalized traffic alerts for your commute, download the OHGO app or visit OHGO.com
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for these projects are being, or have been, carried out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.