Interstate 75/475 Interchange Upgrade Project
BOWLING GREEN (Monday, October 28, 2013) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following updates to the I-75/475 interchange upgrade project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
On Tuesday, October 29 through Saturday, November 2, overnight from 10pm until 5am, the ramp from northbound 75 to westbound I-475 will be closed for bridge demolition. Detour: Berdan Avenue (Exit 205A); southbound I-75.
On Tuesday, October 29 through Saturday, November 2, overnight from 10pm until 5am, short-term (15 minute), rolling stops are possible on southbound I-75, between Berdan Avenue and Detroit Avenue for bridge demolition.
On Tuesday October 29, from 7am until 7pm, Central Avenue between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road will be closed for paving and traffic switch. Detour: Upton Avenue; Berdan Avenue; Jackman Road.
Additional overnight restrictions and closures for overhead sign installation and raised pavement marking installation will be announced.
Through 2013, single lane restrictions are possible in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue and southbound I-75 from Berdan Avenue to westbound I-475.
· Through October, the ramp from ProMedica to eastbound I-475 will be closed for paving and noise wall installation. Suggested alternate route: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway.
· Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
· Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
· Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
· Tonight through Saturday, September 21, overnight from 7pm through 7am, Central Avenue between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road, will be closed for bridge work. Detour: Upton Avenue, Berdan Avenue, Jackman Road.
· Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
· Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
· Through 2013, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street is closed. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: December. All work is weather permitting.
For more information contact:
The District Two Public Information Office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us