Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
BOWLING GREEN (Friday, September 30, 2011) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75/475 interchange upgrade project. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
1. Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade *UPDATE*
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75, and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
INTERSTATE RESTRICTIONS *UPDATE*
Through the fall of 2011, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm through 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
On Monday October 3, from 8pm until Tuesday October 4, at 6am, and on Tuesday, October 4 at 11pm until Wednesday, October 5 at 6am, the ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-475 will be closed for overhead sign installation. Detour: Philips Avenue (Exit 206); southbound I-75; westbound I-475.
On Tuesday, October 4 at 11pm until Wednesday, October 5 at 6am, eastbound I-475 to northbound I-75 will be closed for sign removal. Detour: southbound I-75; Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B); northbound I-75.
Effective Monday, October 3, through Friday, October 7, motorists are advised of additional lane restrictions from 9pm until 6am on southbound I-75, from Berdan Avenue to Detroit Avenue for sign work.
· Through December, the ramp from Douglas Road to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Secor Road; I-475.
· Through October, the ramp from westbound I-475 to Douglas Road is closed. Detour: Secor Road (Exit 17); Monroe Street.
· Through November 2012, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road: eastbound I-475.
· Through fall of 2012, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
· Through fall of 2012, the ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by spring 2012.
· Through fall of 2012, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: Northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC *UPDATE*
· On Tuesday, October 4, 7:30am until 5:30pm, northbound Douglas Road at I-475 will be reduced to one lane for pavement work.
· Through fall of 2011, lane restrictions are possible on Central Avenue at Promedica Parkway for intersection improvement.
· Through November, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
· Through November 2012, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
· Beginning Friday, October 7 through Tuesday, October 11, weekdays from 9am until 2:30pm, Upton Avenue, between Central Avenue and Giant Street, will be closed for bridge work. Detour: Upton Avenue; Monroe Street; Auburn Avenue.
· Through December 2012, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting. ####
For more information contact:
The District 2 Public Information office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us