Interstate 75/475 Interchange Upgrade Project
Westbound Traffic Switch this Weekend
BOWLING GREEN (Wednesday, October 31, 2012) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update concerning the Interstate 75/475 interchange upgrade project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Beginning Friday, November 2 through Saturday, November 3, the following work will take place switching traffic from the inside to outside lanes on I-475 between Rushland Avenue and I-75:
Beginning Friday, November 2 at 12:01pm through Saturday, November 3 at 12:01pm, the ramp from ProMedica Parkway to westbound I-475 may be closed. Suggested alternate route: Upton Avenue; Sylvania Avenue; Secor Road.
On Friday, November 2 at 7pm, through Saturday, November 3 at 12:01pm, the ramp from westbound I-475 to Douglas Road may be closed. Suggested alternate route: Secor Road (Exit 17); Monroe Street.
On Friday, November, 2 at 11pm through Saturday, November 3, westbound I-475, from I-75 to Monroe Street may be reduced to one lane.
The following interchange ramps may be closed from Friday November 2 at 11pm through Saturday, November 3 at 11am. Only one ramp will be closed at a time:
On Friday, November 2 at 11pm, the ramp from southbound I-75 to westbound I-475 will be closed. Detour: Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B); northbound I-75.
Following the opening of the ramp from southbound I-75 to westbound I-475, the ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-475 may be closed through Saturday, November 3 at 11am. Detour: Philips Avenue (Exit 206); southbound I-75.
CITY STREET RESTRICTION:
On Saturday, November 2 through Monday, November 12, Upton Avenue, between Central Avenue and ProMedica Parkway will be closed for bridge work. Detour: Jackman Road; Berdan Avenue. During this time, pedestrian access will be limited to weekdays 7am until 4pm, to accommodate pedestrian school traffic.
LAW ENFORECEMENT WILL ASSIST IN MAINTAINING TRAFFIC.
Through 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- The ramp from westbound I-475 to Jackman Road is permanently closed.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- The ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by fall 2012.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
· Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
· Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
· Through 2013, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.