Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
BOWLING GREEN (Wednesday, February 13, 2013) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75/475 interchange upgrade project. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
1. Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Through 2013, single lane restrictions are possible in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
Effective Thursday, February 14, through March, overnight, 10pm-5am, intermittent lane restrictions and intermittent short-term (30 minute) traffic stops are possible for bridge work in the following locations:
-I-475 in both directions between Douglas Avenue and Auburn Avenue.
-The ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-475
-Southbound I-75 from Willys Parkway to Detroit Avenue
- Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
· Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
· Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
· Through 2013, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.