Interstate 75/475 Interchange Upgrade
BOWLING GREEN (Monday, December 12, 2011) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75/I-475 interchange upgrade project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75, and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Through summer 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
Effective tonight at 11pm until Tuesday, December 13 at 5am, the ramp from southbound I-75 to westbound I-475 will be closed for sign maintenance. Detour: Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B); northbound I-75; westbound I-475. Additionally at this time, short-term (15 minute) temporary closures of southbound I-75 near Central Avenue are possible for sign maintenance. Traffic maintained by law enforcement.
Beginning Tuesday, December 13 through Thursday morning December 15, overnight from 11pm until 5am, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on eastbound I-475 near Auburn Avenue for sign maintenance. Additionally, short-term (15 minute), intermittent closures of traffic are possible in this work zone for sign maintenance. Traffic will be maintained by law enforcement.
- Through summer 2012, the ramp from westbound I-475 to Douglas Road is closed. Detour: Secor Road (Exit 17); Monroe Street.
- Through November 2012, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- Through fall of 2012, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- Through fall of 2012, the ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by spring 2012.
- Through fall of 2012, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
For more information contact:
The District 2 Public Information office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us