Interstate 75/475 Interchange/Widening Project
BOWLING GREEN (Wednesday, October 24, 2012) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update concerning construction on the Interstate 75/475 interchange & widening project. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Traffic switch for westbound I-475 will be announced.
Today, between 9am and 3pm, eastbound I-475, from Douglas Road to Auburn Avenue may be reduced to one lane for pavement repair.
Through 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- The ramp from westbound I-475 to Jackman Road is permanently closed.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- The ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by fall 2012.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
· Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
· Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
· Through 2013, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.