Interstate 75/475 Interchange/Widening Project
BOWLING GREEN (Wednesday, September 12, 2012) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update concerning construction on the Interstate 75/475 interchange & widening project. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
1. Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
The following work will take place September 13-16 in order to switch traffic from the inside lanes to the outside lanes on eastbound I-475:
Beginning Thursday, September 13 at 9pm, through Friday, September 14 at 6am, westbound I-475 may be reduced to one lane for barrier wall relocation.
On Friday, September 14 at 9pm, through Sunday, September 16, eastbound I-475, between Monroe Street to I-75 will be reduced to one lane.
On Friday, September 14, at 8pm, through Sunday, September 16, the ramp from Douglas Road to eastbound I-475 will be closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Secor Road; I-475.
On Friday, September 14 at 9pm, through Saturday, September 15 at 12:01am, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to ProMedica Parkway/Central Avenue (Exit 19) will be closed. Detour: Secor Road; Central Avenue.
Effective Saturday, September 15 at 12:01am, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to northbound I-75 will be closed. Detour: southbound I-75; Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B); northbound I-75. Traffic will be maintained by law enforcement.
Traffic switch for westbound I-475 is scheduled for October and will be announced.
Through 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- The ramp from westbound I-475 to Jackman Road is permanently closed.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- The ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by fall 2012.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
· Through September, westbound Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Monroe Street is reduced to one lane.
- Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
- Through 2012, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.