Interstate 75/475 in Lucas County
BOWLING GREEN (Tuesday, March 06, 2012) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75/475 interchange upgrade project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
1. Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75, and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Through 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
- On Wednesday, March 7 at 11pm until Thursday, March 8 at 5am, the ramp from southbound I-75 to westbound I-475 (Exit 204) will be closed for sign installation. Detour: Detroit Avenue (Exit 203B); I-75; I-475. All work is weather permitting.
- Through July, the ramp from westbound I-475 to Douglas Road is closed. Detour: Secor Road (Exit 17); Monroe Street.
- Through August, the ramp from Douglas Road to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Detour: Monroe Street; Secor Road; I-475.
- Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- The ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by fall 2012.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
- Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
- Through 2012, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.
For more information contact:
The District 2 Public Information office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us