Interstate 75/475 in Lucas County
BOWLING GREEN (Thursday, October 13, 2011) - The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the following update to the I-75/475 interchange upgrade project in Lucas County. Updates are highlighted in bold and underlined.
1. Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75, and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Through the fall of 2011, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm through 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
- Through December, the ramp from Douglas Road to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Secor Road; I-475.
- Through October, the ramp from westbound I-475 to Douglas Road is closed. Detour: Secor Road (Exit 17); Monroe Street.
- Through November 2012, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road: eastbound I-475.
- Through fall of 2012, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- Through fall of 2012, the ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by spring 2012.
- Through fall of 2012, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: Northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
- Through fall of 2011, lane restrictions are possible on Central Avenue at Promedica Parkway for intersection improvement.
- Work scheduled for today, October 13, on Central Avenue has been rescheduled for Friday October 14, from 10am until 1pm, Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road, will be closed for bridge work. Detour: Upton Avenue; Monroe Street; Auburn Avenue.
- Through November, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
- Through November 2012, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Through December 2012, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.
For more information contact:
The District Two Public Information Office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us