ODOT District Two Construction Update
For Immediate Release
Thursday, March 01, 2012
1. Interstate 75/475: Interchange Upgrade
Lucas County (281-10): Upgrade the I-75/I-475 interchange, widen I-475 from Rushland Avenue to I-75, and construct a new interchange at ProMedica Parkway.
Through 2012, the right lane in both directions of I-475, between Monroe Street and I-75, is restricted. Additional lane restrictions are possible, overnight from 7pm to 6am, on I-475 in both directions from Rushland Avenue to I-75 and on I-75 in both directions from Detroit Avenue to Berdan Avenue.
- Through July, the ramp from westbound I-475 to Douglas Road is closed. Detour: Secor Road (Exit 17); Monroe Street.
- Through August, the ramp from Douglas Road to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Detour: Monroe Street; Secor Road; I-475.
- Through 2013, the ramp from Monroe Street to eastbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Secor Road; eastbound I-475.
- Through 2013, the ramp from North Cove Boulevard to westbound I-475 is closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Upton Avenue; westbound I-475.
- The ramp from Upton/Kelley Avenue to eastbound I-475 is permanently closed. Detour: Central Avenue; Jeep Parkway; I-75. The ramp from ProMedica Parkway to eastbound I-475 is scheduled to open by fall 2012.
- Through 2013, the ramp from eastbound I-475 to Jeep Parkway is closed. Detour: northbound I-75; Berdan Avenue (Exit 205B); Jeep Parkway.
CITY STREET TRAFFIC
- Through 2013, Upton Avenue, between Georgia Avenue and Central Avenue and Central Avenue, between Upton Avenue and Jackman Road are reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Through 2013, Sherbrooke Road, between Groveland Road and Marlow Road, is closed. Detour: Monroe Street; Douglas Road; Berdan Avenue.
- Through 2012, Giant Street, between Upton Avenue and Bigelow Street, is closed for sewer relocation. Suggested alternate route: Jackman Road.
Project complete: Fall 2013. All work is weather permitting.
2. Interstate 475: Maumee River Bridge *UPDATE*
Lucas & Wood Counties (90-11): Beginning Monday, March 5 through July, northbound I-475, between SR 65 and U.S. 24, will be reduced to one lane for bridge work. Additionally on Monday, March 5 through Thursday, March 8, shoulder restrictions are possible on the ramp from northbound I-475 to US 24 (Exit 4) for barrier wall relocation.
Beginning Monday, March 12 through July, southbound I-475, between US 24 and SR 65, will be reduced to one lane for bridge work. Additionally, beginning Monday, March 12 through July, the ramps from eastbound and westbound US 24 to southbound I-475 will be closed. Detour: northbound I-475; Salisbury Road/Dussel Drive (Exit 6).
Project complete: November 2012. All work is weather permitting.
3. U.S. Route 24: New Highway Construction
Lucas & Henry Counties (8015-09 & 201-09): Construction of a newly aligned four-lane divided highway from U.S. 24 Waterville to Napoleon. Motorists may encounter construction vehicles working near the new alignment throughout the project. Through September 2012, U.S. 24, between Dutch Road and Fallen Timbers Lane, is reduced to one lane in both directions.
The following roads are closed for overpass construction:
· Through summer 2012, Providence-Neapolis-Swanton Road, between Box Road and U.S. 24. Detour: Neowash Road; Jeffers Road; U.S. 24.
· Through summer 2012, Patton Road, between Providence-Neapolis-Swanton Road and Manore Road. Detour: U.S. 24; Jeffers Road.
· Through July 2012, TR 10 at U.S. 24. Detour for SR 424 to eastbound U.S. 24: southbound U.S. 6; eastbound SR 110; northbound SR 109; U.S. 24. Detour for westbound U.S. 24 to TR 10/SR 424: Westbound U.S. 24; westbound U.S. 6/24; Industrial Drive (Exit #41); eastbound U.S. 6/24 to the SR 424 interchange.
The entire new U.S. 24 alignment, from Waterville to Napoleon, is scheduled to open to traffic in September 2012. Project complete: May 2013. All work is weather permitting.
4. State Route 25: BG N. Main Street Widening Project
Wood County (136-11): Through summer of 2012, N. Main Street (SR 25), between Dill Street and Newton Road, will be reduced to one lane in both directions with a designated center left-turn lane, for utility work. Through summer of 2012, intermittent lane restrictions are possible in both directions of N. Main Street (SR 25) at Poe Road, for intersection work. Access to all businesses will be maintained. Project complete: August 2013. All work is weather permitting.
5. State Route 65: Superior Street: Lighting
Wood County (1064-10): Through March, weekdays from 7am to 5pm, intermittent lane restrictions are possible on Superior Street between Elm Street and Bacon Street in the City of Rossford for lighting improvements. Project complete: March 2012. All work is weather permitting.
6. State Route 424: Culvert Replacement
Henry County (591-11): Through April, SR 424, between SR 108 and SR 281, will be closed for culvert replacement. Local access will be maintained. Detour: SR 108; SR 281. Resurfacing work will be announced following culvert work. Project complete: September 2012. All work is weather permitting.
7. Hallett Avenue: Railroad Grade Separation
Fulton & Lucas Counties (1069-10): Through November 2012, Hallett Avenue, between Church Street and Garfield Avenue, is closed for construction of the overpass. Detour: Airport Highway; SR 64; Shaffer Road (CR J). Project complete: Summer 2013. All work is weather permitting.
8. State Route 53/163: Intersection Upgrade and Resurfacing
Ottawa County (278-11): Through May 2012, expect lane restrictions at the intersection of SR 53 and SR 163 for intersection upgrade. Access to businesses will be maintained. The resurfacing work on SR 53 from SR 163 to Water Street is complete. Project complete in May 2012. All work is weather permitting.
9. Various Routes: Guardrail Maintenance
District Wide (496-11): Through December 2012, nightly from 8pm to 6am, intermittent lane restrictions are possible district wide for guardrail maintenance. Project complete: December 2012. All work is weather permitting.
10. Various Routes: Electrical Maintenance
District Wide (572-11): Through December 2012, nightly from 8pm to 6am, intermittent lane restrictions are possible district wide for electrical maintenance. Project complete: December 2012. All work is weather permitting.
For more information contact:
The District Two Public Information Office at (419) 373-4428
or email D02.PIO@dot.state.oh.us