U.S. Route 6/State Route 101
Railroad Grade Separation Project
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held on Tuesday, September 24 for the new railroad grade separation project on US Route 6/State ROute 101 in the City of Sandusky.
The project involved the reconstruction of portions of Venice Road, Tiffin Avenue, Wilson Street, George Street, Superior Street, Huron Street, Ferndale Drive, and improvements to Harbor Boulevard. Work will continue on this project on the side street intersections; however, US 6 and SR 101 are open to traffic.
Project Contractor: Mosser Construction
Project Cost: $8,154,128.72
Completion Date: July 2014
Current Project Closures:
- SR 101 (Tiffin Ave) is now open
- US 6 (Venice Rd) is now open
- Superior Street - Closed permanently for cul-de-sac construction at US Route 6
- George Street - Closed through the end of the project for drainage work and improvements
- Huron Street - Closed permanently for cul-de-sac construction
Please see additional project phasing information below; however, dates are subject to change and dependent on weather.