Lorain US 20 Major Rehabilitation
ODOT and the City of North Ridgeville, are working together on the major rehabilitation of US 20. The 2.32 mile project, that stretches from Stoney Ridge Road to Lear Nagle Road, will begin in 2018.
- Roadway reconstruction and widening from 3 lanes to 5 lanes
- Constructing a new 10ft shared-use path
- New storm sewers and water lines
- New sidewalks with new curb and gutter throughout the project
- Upgrading the traffic signals and signage along the corridor
- Two bridge replacements: US 20 over French Creek and Root Road over French Creek
- Adding detention basins for storm water control
The 2018 season will include work east of Jaycox Road with the exception of the structure on US 20 over French Creek. The Jaycox Road intersection, the shared-use path, and all side roads east of Jaycox Road, will be completed.
The 2019 season will include work west of Jaycox Road. This will include the intersections of Stoney Ridge Road, State Route 83, and Root Road. Each of these intersections will have their own phasing due to the size and complexity of the intersections.
All work on the east end of the project, with the exception of the structure over French Creek, will be completed before work begins on the west end. US 20 will have at least one lane of traffic maintained in each direction at all times. The current 35 mph speed limit will remain in effect during the project. Business access will be maintained throughout the project.