North Carpenter Road Major Rehabilitation
The long awaited rehabilitation of North Carpenter Road is underway. The 2.07 mile project, which spans from Concord Drive to Boston Road, as well as 0.22 miles of Grafton Road in the City of Brunswick and Brunswick Hills, is anticipated to begin work in March 2019. This project will include the complete replacement and widening of the existing pavement, addition of turn lanes at the North Carpenter Rd./Grafton Rd. intersection, construction of a new storm sewer system, sidewalk replacement with additional curb, and traffic control updates.
The 2019 construction season is anticipated to include:
The 2020 construction season is anticipated to include:
- The construction season is expected to take place from late
March through mid-November (pending weather).
- The construction on Grafton Road, as well as the construction on North Carpenter Road, south of the Grafton Road intersection,
will be completed.
- Grafton Road will be constructed first, followed shortly
by North Carpenter Road from Grafton Road to Concord Drive.
- Construction is anticipated to take place from
late March through mid-August (pending weather).
- All work will be completed, including completion of
North Carpenter Road, north of Grafton Road.
Cost: $11.4 million
Contractor: Shelly & Sands
Start Construction: March 2019
End Construction: August 2020