North Carpenter Road
There will be an approximate 4-hour shut down of N. Carpenter Rd., between James Blvd. and Ruff Rd., beginning Monday, July 15 from 10am-2pm in order to perform necessary gas line work. Traffic will be detoured both with signs and flaggers. Motorists are advised to aviod the area if possbile and to seek an alternate route.
Accomplishments from the
week beginning 7/8:
Looking forward the week
- Continued reconstruction of the souther half of N. Carpenter Rd., between Concord Dr. and Grafton Rd.
- All northbound traffic on N. Carpenter Rd., between Valley Forge and Grafton Rd., is detoured
- Continued relocation of remaining conflicting gas services and mains throughout
- Continued excavation and embankment activities throughout
- Continued installation of concrete walk and driveway aprons in various locations throughout
- Performed hydrant adjustments in various locations throughout
- Continued installation of various drainage items throughout
- Continue installation of various drainage items
- Installation of 304 aggregate base throughout
- Excavation, embankment and grading throughout the project site
- Continue installation of concrete walk and driveway aprons in various locations throughout the project site
- Continue water line/hydrant work throughout project site
- Installation of necessary construction erosion control items throughout
Please note the project’s phase change below:
N. Carpenter Rd. northbound, between Grafton Rd. and Valley Forge Dr., is now closed. This phase change is necessary for crews to complete pavement widening, storm sewer updates, turn lanes, signal work, and other miscellaneous work within the project limits.
The detour route for northbound motorist is to go east on SR 303 to W. 130th St., north on W. 130th St. to Grafton Rd., west on Grafton Rd. to N. Carpenter Rd., and reverse for southbound motorists. ALL northbound traffic will be detoured. Southbound traffic will be maintained for local traffic ONLY. This phase of the project is expected to be complete in 60 days.
***Traffic will be maintained in both direction by flaggers should any work occur outside the current closure(s)
To maintain proper access for the Fire Station throughout construction, temporary traffic signals will be installed (1) at the Grafton Rd. entrance/exit to the Fire Station and (2) just west of the construction zone on Grafton Rd. These lights will work in tandem and will remain green at all times unless activated by the Fire Department in the event of an emergency.
ALL WORK IS WEATHER DEPENDENT AND IS SUPJECT TO CHANGE.