Weekly Traffic Advisory
US Route 62 in Hubbard and Brookfield Townships
(until further notice)
I-80 at US 62 and US 62 under I-80 has occasional daily lane restrictions for pavement repairs and resurfacing. This work is part of a $9.8 million project to resurface US 62 from the northern Hubbard corporation limit to the Pennsylvania state line. The project also includes repairs to five bridges, including the replacement and widening of the I-80 bridges over US 62.The entire project is scheduled to be completed by September 2017.
Interstate 80 in Austintown Township & Liberty Township and the City of Girard
(until further notice)
The following lane restrictions and ramp closures are in place along the I-80 corridor:
- Traffic on I-80 eastbound between Salt Springs Rd. and US 422 is shifted over to the westbound lanes via a crossover condition. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction with all traffic placed on the I-80 westbound lanes.
- SR 711 northbound between Gypsy Lane and SR 11 is reduced to one lane for pavement replacement through early December.
- The ramp from I-80 eastbound to US 422 is CLOSED through July 2017. The detour is I-680 southbound to SR 711 northbound to US 422.
- The ramp from US 422 to I-80 westbound is CLOSED through September 2017. The detour is US 422 to SR 711 southbound to I-680 northbound to I-80 westbound.
- The ramp from SR 11 southbound to I-80 eastbound is CLOSED through September 2017. The detour is SR 711 southbound to Gypsy Lane eastbound to SR 193/Belmont Ave.
This work is part of a $91.5 million project to widen I-80 between SR 11 and SR 193. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by late July 2018.
The Ohio Department of Transportation maintains the state's largest man-made asset--the transportation system. ODOT's mission is to provide the safe and easy movement of people and goods from place to place. As a $2.8 billion per year enterprise, ODOT invests the bulk of its resources in system preservation through maintenance, construction and snow and ice operations.
“The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.”