An Official Site
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

District 5 Right of Way Permits     
Who needs a permit?

To work, use or occupy any portion of the state highway right-of-way, Ohio law says you must have a permit from the Ohio Department of Transportation.  The types of work and or installations for which you will need a permit are listed below. 

There is NO CHARGE for a PERMIT

MR 505 –Instructions & Application for Permit

Bond Form  -   Extension Form

Types of Permits


 Access Management

  • Residential Drive
  • Commercial Drive
  • Field Drive
  • Subdivision/Public Street
  • Development


  • Soil Borings
  • Geotech Seismic Survey
  • Ditch Enclosure
  • Aerobic Systems
  • Monitoring Wells
  • TODS/LOGO Signs
  • Mowing/Landscape
  • Storm Sewer
  • Landscape


  • Electric
  • Cable
  • Gas Line
  • Telephone
  • Sanitary Sewer
  • Water Line











Contact Information:

Customers can submit permit information by mail, email, or fax.

Mailing Address:

Ohio Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 306
9600 Jacksontown Road
Jacksontown, Ohio 43030


Access Management and other permits:

​Brian Bosch (740) 323-5182 or fax#614-887-4525

Utility permits:

Randy Hite (740) 323-5129 or fax#614-887-4528

Links to Reference Manuals:

Access Management Manual​ 

Guidelines for Temporary Traffic Control in Work Zones

Design Reference Resource Center 

​ ​​​