Ohio.gov State Agencies  |  Online Services
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

District 5 Right of Way Permits     
Who needs a permit?

To work, use or occupy any portion of the State highway right of way, Ohio law says you must have a permit from the Ohio Department of Transportation.  The types of work and or installations for which you will need a permit are listed below. 

There is NO CHARGE for a PERMIT

MR 505 –Instructions & Application for Permit

Bond Form  -   Extension Form

Types of Permits


Access Management

  • Residential Drive
  • Commercial Drive
  • Field Drive
  • Subdivision/Public Street
  • Development


  • Soil Borings
  • Geotech Seismic Survey
  • Ditch Enclosure
  • Aerobic Systems
  • Monitoring Wells
  • TODS/LOGO Signs
  • Mowing/Landscape
  • Storm Sewer
  • Landscape


  • Electric
  • Cable
  • Gas Line
  • Telephone
  • Sanitary Sewer
  • Water Line










Contact Information:

Customers have 3 options for sending in permit information:

1.) Fax  2.) E-mail 3.) Mail

 Mailing Address:

Ohio Department of Transportation

P.O. Box 306
9600 Jacksontown Road
Jacksontown, Ohio 43030


Access Management and Other permits
Brian Bosch (740) 323-5182 or Brian.Bosch@dot.state.oh.us fax#614-887-4525

Utility permits
Randy Hite (740) 323-5129 or Randy.Hite@dot.state.oh.us fax#614-887-4528

Links to Manuals for Use as Reference

Access Management Manual

Guidelines for Temporary Traffic Control in Work Zones:

Design Reference Resource Center