State Route 555 will close for multiple culvert replacements
Jacksontown, Ohio (Monday, August 5, 2013) – State Route 555 will close during daytime hours, only, beginning this Wednesday, August 7 until Friday, August 16 for multiple culvert replacements.
ODOT’s Muskingum County crew will begin work this Wednesday at the Morgan/ Muskingum County line. Work will continue north on SR 555 at several locations over the next week and will end in South Zanesville.
Below is a tentative schedule of the work including locations.
· Wednesday, July 7 – Between SR 669 and Morningstar Rd.
· Thursday, July 8 – Between Bush Hill Rd. and Pletcher Hill Rd.
· Friday, August 9 – Between Haver Hill Rd. and Elmville Rd.
· Monday, August 12 – Wilson Rd. and Cannelville Rd.
· Tuesday, August 13 – Between County Hwy. 68 and Boat Dock Rd.
· Wednesday, August 14 – Between SR 719 and Grandview Rd.
* Please note – this schedule is weather permitting and subject to change at any time.
The road will close during daytime hours only, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. beginning Wednesday, August 7 to Friday, August 16, weather permitting.
Motorists will be detoured via SR 60 to SR 669 back to SR 555.
Ohio’s highways are essential to keeping and creating new jobs. With a mission to provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place, the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is responsible for maintaining one of the largest transportation networks in the nation. Guided by ethical principles and accountability, ODOT works to improve safety, enhance travel and advance economic development. As a $2.8 billion enterprise, the department wisely invests in its core services of snow and ice removal, annual construction program and highway maintenance operations.
For additional information, please contact:
Lauren Holdsworth at (740) 323-5204
or email D05.PIO@dot.state.oh.us