For Immediate Release
August 8, 2014
3-WEEK Construction project creates BIG Impact for Downtown Traffic
Good news…it’s only for one night
This Sunday night, August 10, the well-travelled and popular ramp from Interstate 70 west to SR 315 north will close for just 21 days. But before any work begins, crews will close interstates, a state route and half dozen ramps to set up the construction zone so that traffic is maintained through the area and it’s safe for all.
Here’s the plan.
At 8 p.m., the following ramps will close:
- Miller-Kelton to I-70 west/I-71 north
- Main St. to I-70 west
- 3rd St. to I-70 west
- Mound St. to I-70 west
- Greenlawn Ave. to I-71 north
- I-670 east to SR 315 north. The detour is I-670 east to I-70 east to I-71 north
- Rich/Town St. to SR 315 north
Also at 8 p.m., I-70 west is reduced to one lane at I-71 north.
And, I-71 north to SR 315 north is reduced to one lane.
At 9 p.m., here’s what will be closed:
- I-70 west will be detoured to I-71 north to I-670 west to SR 315 south.
- SR 315 north between I-70 and I-670. Detour is I-70 east to I-71 north to I-670 west to SR 315 north.
- I-70 east ramp to SR 315 north.
- I-71 north ramp to SR 315 north.
- One lane closed on the ramp from I-71 south to I-70 west.
By 5 a.m. Monday morning, all ramps, interstates and state routes will be open except:
I-70 west to SR 315 north. Drivers need to stay to the right and follow the signs for SR 315 north.
The SR 315 north to Rich/Town Street ramp will be closed to allow I-70 west drivers more room to merge onto SR 315 north.
These two ramps will be closed for three weeks. The I-70 west to SR 315 north ramp will be closed for repairs that include getting rid of all the bad concrete on the deck, repairing the bridge walls, placing a new concrete overlay on the bridge deck and resurfacing the ramp.
NOTE: There will be nightly closures and restrictions the week of August 11, but nothing as extensive as the set-up work Sunday into Monday.
The following work is planned in the Franklin County area on the specified dates and times. All work is weather dependent; it may be postponed or cancelled without prior notice.
For up-to-date traffic information, construction information and road conditions, 24-hours a day, visit www.Ohgo.com