I-70 Eastbound Back to Original Configuration
WEST SIDE - By 5 AM Tuesday, August 22, Interstate 70 eastbound traffic will
be back in the eastbound lanes, weather permitting. That means no more
This traffic switch
signals the final stages of the ODOT project to widen I-70 between
Hilliard-Rome Road and I-270 on the West Side of Columbus.
Here's how traffic will
be impacted Monday night.
- 8 PM: I-70 east will be reduced to two lanes west of
- 9 PM: The ramp from Hilliard-Rome Road north to I-70 east
will close. The detour is Hilliard-Rome Road to Trabue Road to Wilson Road
to I-70 east.
- 10 PM: The ramps from I-270 north and south to I-70 east will
close. The detour for I-270 north is Roberts Road to I-270 south to I-70
east. The detour for I-270 south is I-70 west to Hilliard-Rome Road to
- 12 AM: I-270 east will be reduced to two lanes from I-270 to
- 1 AM: I-270 east will be reduced to one lane from west of
Hilliard-Rome Road to Wilson Road.
- 5 AM: All lanes and ramps open
By Tuesday morning, both directions of I-70 and all exit and
entrance ramps will be back to their original configuration.
Next week, the
contractor will begin paving the driving surface on I-70. The $47 million
project is expected to be complete by November.